Total Pageviews

Monday 20 April 2015

Granny Wildgoose and Her Ilk

On Saturday I snagged a bargain at Ashbourne Oxfam Book - Once Upon a Time by Marina Warner.  It looked new and never even read. 



I read it on Sunday and felt inspired to write, which I haven't for a while.

But then I'm trying to write in work hours and not at the weekend.  So I decided to leave it until today to see if I was still inspired.  A gamble, you might think.

Well, I piddled about, doing this and doing that for most of the sunny morning.  Then I made some notes from Once Upon a Time, starting getting inspired again.  Ending my reading at this point:


Possibly the genesis of folk horror, I thought.  Stopped to tell facebook (nobody cared).  Then I looked outside at the sunny garden and went out ...

Then I did some nature journaling:



Then had lunch, then sat down at the computer, and .. wrote!  I was still inspired.  The words kept rolling under my fingers until I saw, with surprise, it was time for yoga.  Just time to run down town for my class.

Tomorrow, I am hoping that I will go back and carry on where I was, with Mrs Aimson investigating the Button Gypsies.

No comments:

Post a Comment