Total Pageviews

Friday 8 November 2013

Seasick Steve and A Piano-player in a Whorehouse

I don't know if it's thinking about roads and travelling, but I have been listening to Seasick Steve all morning:

A Good Album

Another Good Album

Another Good Album

Another Good Album
I can particularly recommend:

Started Out With Nothing
St Louis Slim
Dog House Boogie
Diddley Bo
Seasick Boogie

especially to wash up to.  I can't understand why anyone would want a dishwasher when you could put some rockin boogie-woogie on loud in the kitchen and wash the pots.  When we arrived at Aimo's House there was a dishwasher installed as it is a new property.  The dishwasher has never been used (except as a cold storage cupboard for booze).  We always wash the pots in the old-timey way, and Miss and Master Aimson have been brought up that way.  Miss Aimson favours Them Crooked Vultures and The Dead Weather VERY loud while washing up, but they're too heavy for me.  Some Seasick Steve, a bit of ZZ Top or maybe Alternative 80s does for me.

I really enjoy the corny puns, humorous innuendo and silly wordplay of classic rock 'n' roll.  In fact, the first record I ever bought was My Ding-a-Ling by Chuck Berry.  A fairly classy choice for an 8-year-old and certainly nothing to be ashamed of, unlike The Bay City Rollers or Donny Osmond who were around at the time.  Anyway, back to the wordplay.  I like:

I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it left...

I also like wordplay in books, e.g.

Don't Tell Mum I Work on the Rigs (She Thinks I'm a Piano-player in a Whorehouse)

by Paul Carter.  My aunt had sent the audio-books over from Australia some years ago and I enjoyed them.  I saw yesterday in Macc that they are available in shops over here now.  Listen to them for some hair-raising adventures, shaggy dog stories and fleamsy puns.

1 comment:

  1. I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!.I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!.
    museum Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete