Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 March 2014

Sheep, Celebrity Wedding Dresses and Axes

You know one of my great successes of recent years was winning the "Identify the Breed of Sheep" competition at the PTA quiz?  You must remember because I do go on about it quite a bit.  (Too much, according to Master Aimson).  Well, at Helen's hen do I won the "Identify the Celebrity Wedding Dress" quiz.  I am very proud, I got a cup and everything.  With the sheep competition, I just got two switched (Scottish Blackface and Leicester Blueface; actually I still think the competition had them switched, but enough of that, I have gone on about it enough); well in the celebrity wedding dress quiz I just got Ellie Jackson and Salma Hayek switched.  I hadn't even heard of Ellie Jackson and who knew Salma Hayek would have such a traditional dress?

But I don't bear grudges, as you can see from the fact that I hardly ever mention the fact that I think the Scottish and Leicester sheep were switched.  The following Christmas, Aimo bought me this book:

A Present from Aimo


so I could check.  I'm not saying we live in the country, but that's the sort of thing you get for a Christmas present around here.

The weather being gorgeous again, we went out for a walk again.  This time, the bird we heard AND saw was:

A Woodpecker.

Here is a picture of our walk yesterday:

Mostyn looking for Axe Edge
which Cheryl sent me from her phone, because we are up on that technology thing, we is practically the kids (and I'm cool according to Miss Miller-Lewis).  It's quite cool living in the country actually.  It does look rather good in this photo, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment