Total Pageviews

Monday 10 February 2014

Patched and Mended

After having decided last year I was not doing patchwork anymore, I put all my fabric and hexagons in the loft (where I found the Lost Book of Fleams papers).  Friends said make a decision, if you're chucking it out, then get rid of it.  I felt the time was not right to make a final choice, and I left my materials in the loft.

Last night, after looking at so many beautiful vintage and ethnic fabrics and textile objects on etsy, I felt a glow of inspiration for textiles again.  I almost rediscovered my love of textiles.  What if patchwork was my hobby?, I thought.  It was trying to make it a living that drove me to hate it.  Maybe if I was making a living with The Lost Book of Fleams, the shop and the writing, and patchwork was my hobby, I would love it again?

It's looking possible.

Here is a patchwork design that was a good seller in the days before the recession:

A Print of an Original
Maybe I'm mended?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment