Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 February 2014

Rocking and Reeling in Tornado Town

I went for a walk in the rain yesterday, down town, just to amuse myself.  Walking in the rain turned my mind to thoughts of festivals and Bearded Theory and Tornado Town.

So I bought a copy of:

A Good Magazine
Good news to report:

Item one:
Hayseed Dixie are playing Bearded Theory

Item Two:
Becky Unthank's collaboration with composer Martin Green on the Opera North-commissioned Crows' Bones will be available on album early in 2014. 
The project is an exploration of the ghostly and unnerving tales of the folk tradition, past and present.  Playing on it is Swedish nickleharpa player Niklas Roswall.

How can you go wrong with that?  Sounds completely fleamsy to me.  The last time I heard a nickleharpa was at The Ceilidh Place (where we saw Alasdair Roberts play last summer - see post Art, Assemblages and Alasdair).  It was in this group:

A Good CD
I like the name Salamander, but why did they come up with Bellevue Rendezvous?  Does that suggest a Scottish folk group to you?  It's a bit of a puzzle.

I would suggest in rainy weather you think happy thoughts of festivals, holidays, gigs and crows' bones.  It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment