Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 July 2013

Dark Folk and Weird Folk

I have both types of music in my CD collection - Dark Folk and Weird Folk.  I received a delivery today of Emily Portman's CD Hatchling.  I just had to own the CD with its beautiful artwork and sleeve notes.  Who couldn't love artwork that includes the words "spindle-shanks" and "Spindle-whorl"?
But sometimes it's good to view wider horizons, so I also took delivery of the book "Seasons They Change, The Story of Acid and Psychedelic Folk" to branch out into new territory.  I have been reading it today in the garden under a cloudless blue sky.  I think a curlew flew overhead, but as it didn't say anything, I couldn't positively identify it.
Here is a little dark folk picture for you:
 

It is a photo of Button Sarah at Ludchurch.  Button Sarah is the guardian spirit of the Button Gypsies, who roam the Dark Peak selling their wares.

I also took delivery of a whole batch of postcards for The Great Dome Art Fair, including some of the Button Gypsies.  I didn't make any of Button Sarah because I couldn't manage the technical aspect of file sizes and such like.  I was warned that my images were fuzzy, so what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment