Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 July 2013

Shall I Tell you a Tale About a Whale?

Today myself and Mr Savage of the Fringe were swallowed by a whale outside Buxton Opera House.  Inside, we met a submariner named Jonah.  He gave me this message to pass on to his sweetheart in the event of my escape:


I knew what to do next because I was reminded of the time a whaling ship was marooned in Fleams.  Ella Campane's head was quite turned by young Archie MacStiff, a whaler and all-round adventurer (see photo):


Such tales of adventure are discussed in Kate W. Aimson's second book, Nomads of Fleams.  But, as you know adventurers have their adventures in summer, and talk about them around the hearth in winter, so more of that later in the year.

(no whales were harmed in the making of this blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment