Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 July 2013

Barbers and Shearers

Haircut day today in the Aimson household.  I cut my hair, Aimo's hair and Miss Aimson's hair.  Young Master Aimson visits a barber in town (he was always a bit of a townie).
I cut Miss Aimson's undercut and had a look at Aimo's hair, which he had cut in the Falklands.  I don't wish to slander the barber on the Falklands, but she did train as a sheep-shearer.  All my cunning layering and styling of Aimo's hair had been replaced by an all-over No.3.  It will take many weeks to get it back to how I like it.
Here is the headline from my latest copy of Penguin News, and some key facts about shearing.  Missing from this image is another fact; Islander Evan Jones continues to hold the current records with 370 wethers and 461 ewes.  If you don't know what a wether is ask your local farmer.  To view the full article, please purchase your own copy of Penguin News.  Oh, I forgot, you don't visit the Falklands.  I think you can view Penguin News on tinternet if you are a landlubber.



I just got a copy of this week's Buxton Advertiser today because Miss Aimson features in a carnival photograph on the letters page.  Here she is with a young family friend, also accompanying the award-winning Time Machine, built by Andrea and Dave.  (To see the full picture, please purchase your own copy of the Advertiser.)


Off to The Green Man Gallery now, I'm taking in our nomination certificate for the Buxton Festival Fringe Visual Arts - Event award which arrived at my home address.  It's Not Easy Being Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment