Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 September 2013

Commas, Books

The Advertiser this week featured a photo of a comma butterfly taken at The Goyt.  I'm jealous now, we haven't seen one in the garden at Aimo's House.

Comma Butterfly in the Advertiser

Yesterday me and Aimo had a ride out to Castleton as the afternoon was so pretty.  We peeped in the "funny" shop and there - a desk for £25 - I was looking for a desk to do my lino-cutting!  So that was the reason behind our random trip to Castleton - it was some kind of premonition, the perfect desk for my needs was waiting for me.  (I'm such a hippy, as some of my colleagues would say, like it was a bad thing!)

Now, as they say, today is the first day of the rest of my life.  I've been in my studio at home today, and cleared out a car-load of stuff.  Now it's set up for me to write about Fleams, and illustrate the books.  It's time for The Lost Book of Fleams to be found!  Here is the first draft of one of the booklets that forms part of The Lost Book:

First draft chapbook

This is just the text, I will be designing the illustration now I have the perfect desk.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment