Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 September 2013

Vampire Shit

Continuing my trawl through the "archives", as I like to call my random shit, I found this, a programme, yes a PROGRAMME, for a film showing I went to at The Tyneside Cinema:

Film Programme

It may be typed individually, or possibly reproduced in some way, I'm not sure.  I'm not sure what the date was, probably 1981 or 1982.  It shows the vast difference in media availability between then and now.  Then I had to travel 26 miles by train to go to the Tyneside Cinema for the one showing to see Nosferatu and the Cabinet of Dr Caligari, now I own the DVDs which are available any time on a well-known internet shopping site.  You've already seen Dr Caligari on the "Zombies and Gravestones" post.  Here is Nosferatu:

Nosferatu
At Aimo's House, the younger members of the family watch films and media in various different ways which are as yet a mystery to me,  but me and Aimo prefer to own DVDs, CDs, and books in solid form on our shelves where we can see them in real life.
The film programme was in this book which my brother gave me for a birthday present:

A Strange book about Vampires.
 
I was flicking through it yesterday, and it mentioned some films which I knew were in Aimo's vampire DVD collection, so I watched them last night:

One of Aimo's Vampire DVDs

Another one of Aimo's Vampire DVDs
No travelling by train to watch them.  In fact I went to bed early and watched them on a laptop.  The wonders of not very modern technology (the sound is a bit dodgy on the old laptop)!


No comments:

Post a Comment