Total Pageviews

Friday 25 October 2013

Dew Ponds

I went to Macc today, and looking out of the bus window the views were beautiful.  As it has been raining so much the dew-ponds were full and they looked like Mermaid's Pools among the tawny tussocks of the autumnal moors.

On my wish-list of books to read is Philip Heselton's Mirrors of Magic, about dew-ponds.  I haven't read it, so I can't tell you anything about it, but I think it should be good.

On Ascension Island all the water used has to be desalinated by reverse osmosis to supply fresh drinking water to everyone there (not like that's loads).  In the old days the water came from mist collectors and dew-ponds.  I think mist-collectors sound very romantic.  Here are some of Aimo's pics:

Mist Collector

The Same Mist Collector

Master Aimson just said to me that some of you may think I'm bullshitting, and I'm not an exhibiting artist with a husband that goes to Antarctica, The Falklands and Ascension Island; a son who's studying to be an actor, and a daughter at UEA studying Eng Lit and Creative Writing; and I just make all this stuff up.  Well they'd be wrong.  It's all true.  Even Fleams.

Here is a picture of Master Aimson at 2011's Buxton Festival Fringe (he's at the back with a cap):

The cast of Masquerade

1 comment:

  1. As a completely independent fruitcake I can confirm that all this is indeed true hatstand wibble.

    ReplyDelete