Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 October 2013

White Rabbits, White Smocks, White Moustaches

White Rabbits! for the first of the month.  It's October already.  Didn't post yesterday, no strength because of my poorly back, say aaaah.  Been to yoga last night and feel a bit more optimistic, although back still hurts.

Back to the white smocks and white moustaches.  The white moustache belongs to Cheryl's new kitten.  I was just about to go out and meet him (I think he's called Pablo), then I've gone and promised my neighbour to stay in and accept delivery of his new telescope.  Kitten tomorrow then!

This is the white child's size smock I bought on the Treacle Market on Sunday.  I'm feeling insane for spending £20 on it.  Never mind, try to forget that bit.

A Beautiful Smock

Anyway, I AM the Queen of Random Shit, so I had to buy it.

I was wondering if you remembered where the phrase "Smocking Awesome" comes from?  It is from the life of Kate W. Aimson, needlework scholar, psychic collector, and explorer extraordinaire.  If you remember, she ran a magazine with her husband, which combined their interests in Needlework and Mining Technology, which was called "Smock and Ore".


I think the start of the month is a good time to recap basic Fleams knowledge, to remind regular readers and inform new readers.



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful smock. If you ever want to sell it I'd be interested. I shall b e attending your Talk for Trent and Erewash Valley. I'd love you to bring it so I could inspect it please.

    Thanks,
    Suella Postles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the talk on Oct 19? I can bring it if you would like to see it.

    ReplyDelete